Thursday, August 20, 2009

Not even crickets.

Last night was great.  There were no children in the store after 8:00 p.m.  Today was the first day of school.  And then the heavens opened up and the angels sang, "HALLELUIA!"

I am not that jaded.  I am sad to see Summer go.  It is my favorite season.  And I think Summer is sad to go, it rained all day yesterday, which must have been Mother Nature crying that the kids would no longer be able to play outside in the sun all day.  Oh, wait...they spent all summer indoors at the bookstore playing, not reading...oh, nevermind.  Jaded it is!

And I still have a week before I go back to school.  Maybe she was just raining on their parade of the last day of summer...no matter, It was quiet at work and there were no messes to clean up before I left.

"So long sweet Summer....It's cold where you're going, I hope that your heart's always warm."
 - Dashboard Confessional "Age Six Racer"

No comments: